As an Asian, I’m used to eating Tofu especially if it is mixed with seafood like Shrimp with that sweet and sour sauce…pure goodness, I’m telling you (Don’t worry, lovelies, I’m going to post the recipe for this next time). Tofu is made from curds of soy milk, making it as a soybean product, so it is somewhat similar to cheese, but instead of milk, soy milk is used as a base. Anywho, Tofu is naturally low in calories and gluten-free. It also contains iron, calcium and a prime source of protein. While Quinoa is a grain-like crop known for its edible seeds. It is also closely related to beets, tumbleweeds and/or spinach. Quinoa is also known as a “superfood.” Why? Because it is one of the most excellent protein-rich foods as it contains all the nine essential amino acids. Though it is not considered as grain, Quinoa contains more fiber (almost twice even) than most available grains out the market. It also contains the following: iron, lysine, magnesium, B2 or riboflavin and a hefty content of manganese — hence called as a SUPAFOOD. Combining Tofu with Quino will give a person lotsa benefits. On top of that, this recipe is easy to make!
- 1 cup of Quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoonfuls of Olive oil, extra virgin
- A cup of Tofu, smoked or baked and cubed
- 2 cups of Purified Water
- Yellow Bell Pepper, washed and diced
- A teaspoonful of Salt
- 1 medium-sized Tomato, washed and diced
- 2 tablespoonfuls of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ½ of Fresh Cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of Minced or Crushed Garlic
- A tablespoonful of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- A teaspoonful of Pepper, powder
- A tablespoonful of Fresh Mint leaves, chopped
- Boil some water in a pot, then add half a teaspoon of salt to
- Put the rinsed Quinoa and let it simmer for fifteen to twenty minutes or until water is mostly absorbed.
- Mix the garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Add the quinoa and the remaining ingredients and toss the salad well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try this simple recipe and include it on your diet plan, you are going to reap the benefits sooner than you expected. If you have other recipes, please drop a comment or better yet follow or like my page. Thanks for joining Pinay Time with me, lovelies! ❤